8 ounces of chickpeas
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
2 carrots, grated or sliced thin
3 pita pockets
6 lettuce leaves
1. Add the chickpeas and garlic to a blender. Blend until the beans break apart.
2. Grate and juice lemon. Add the oil, lemon juice and grated lemon peel to the blender and blend.
3. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the hummus until it is a good consistency.
4. Add the salt, pepper and cumin, and blend until completely smooth.
5. Cut the pita pockets in half and spoon 2 tablespoons of hummus into each half. Divvy up carrots and lettuce, and add to pockets.