Makes 2 dozen muffins
1 cup molasses
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat molasses, honey, oil and eggs until well-mixed.
2. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk to the egg mixture.
3. Pour batter into greased muffin pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When the muffins are cool, place a scoop of skillet apples and some whipped cream on top.
4 medium apples
2 tablespoons butter or oil
4 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Chop apples into bite-sized pieces.
2. Melt butter (or heat oil) in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add apples and cook for 2 minutes covered.
4. Add sugar and cinnamon and cook uncovered for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Spoon apples over a gingerbread muffin and top with whipped cream.